Our Full Service is just £120 plus, fluids, parts and VAT
We recommend your car receives our high quality service every 12,000 miles or 12 months, whichever is sooner. Our annual service helps to maintain your car in good working order and reduces the risk of a breakdown.
Our 60 point checklist includes all of the checks performed by many of the main dealers. You will receive a copy of this for your records when you collect your car. In addition, you will be advised of any work that may be required at the time of your next service or if something needs to be done to your vehicle before then. We will also report on how your brake discs and pads are wearing and how much tread there is left on your tyres.
The Annual Service takes about two hours for our mechanics to complete and is therefore charges at £120 plus VAT The additional cost of the parts we need to complete your service are specific to your car and the cost varies considerably between manufacturers and models. We only want you to pay for what we use so when you book your car in we will let you know in advance what these will cost. We only use only the highest-quality parts, manufactured to manufacturers’ original specification and we use high grade oils and fluids.
Click the arrow to see what is included in our Annual servicing
- Replace oil filter.
- Check for excessive oil leaks.
- Check for timing belt (cambelt) replacement interval and report if replacement due according to mileage or age.
- Check radiator condition.
- Check coolant cap seals.
- Check coolant hoses for leaks and condition and security.
- Check electric cooling fan for operation where applicable.
- Check condition and tension of fan or alternator belt. Adjust or report on condition.
- Check condition and adjust auxiliary drive belts if required (excluding cambelt).
- Replace air filter.
- Report if spark plugs are due to be changed according to mileage. An additional charge applies for the supply of plugs and fitment.
- Check and record antifreeze strength and minimum temperature and top up coolant as required.
- Drain out cooling system and replace coolant to correct specification.
- Replace spark plugs for petrol engines only. An additional charge applies for platinum or long life plugs.
- Check condition and security of undertray.
- Check fuel cap seal condition.
- Check visual condition of fuel lines.
- Replace fuel filter (if fitted and external from fuel tank).
- Check for correct clutch operation.
- Check for correct gearbox operation.
- Check and top up clutch fluid where applicable.
- Check drive shaft gaitors for security and report leaks.
- Grease prop/shaft if applicable.
- Check and top up axle and/or transaxle oil if applicable.
- Top up gearbox fluid where applicable and not sealed.
- Check operation of exterior lights.
- Check horn.
- Check diesel heater plug indicator operation where fitted.
- Check battery security and lubricate terminals.
- Check battery condition and print results.
- Top up battery/non-sealed units only.
- Check dashboard warning lights.
- Visual Test effectiveness of starter motor.
- Test alternator charging rate – check security.
Steering & Suspension
- Check and top up power steering reservoir where applicable.
- Check steering and suspension components for wear and corrosion.
- Check steering rack gaiters condition.
- Check wheel bearings for excessive play or roughness.
- Carry out shock absorber bounce test.
- Grease steering
- Inspect exhaust system (including catalyst if fitted) for leaks, security and noise.
- Visual check for exhaust smoke
- Check brake pads for wear or damage.
- Check brake callipers for leaks and security.
- Check service brake shoes for wear or damage – clean and adjust if required (excludes internal handbrake shoes).
- Inspect operation of wheel cylinders and report any leaks.
- Visually check brake hydraulic system, pipes and hoses for any leaks, chafing and corrosion.
- Check security of handbrake linkages and travel. Lubricate and adjust if required.
- Check brake discs and drums for wear, cracks, corrosion and scoring or pitting (excluding internal drums).
- Check brake fluid level and top up if required.
- Check brake servo operation.
- Carry out brake fluid boil test and record readings.
- Replace brake fluid and bleed system.
Tyres and Wheels
- Remove road wheels.
- Check tyre size and whether tyre is fitted to side wall instructions.
- Interim Service
- Check tyre condition and tread depth (including spare).
- Check and adjust tyre pressures (including spare).
- Set wheel nut torque to manufacturer’s settings.
- wheels for correct balance (including spare).
- Check windscreen wiper condition and operation.
- Check rear wiper condition and operation (if fitted).
- Check windscreen washer operations, align jets and top up if required.
- Check windscreen for chips and cracks.
- Check mirror condition (interior and exterior).
- Check number plate condition.
- Advise if cabin filter is required according to age/mileage recommendations and last change.
- Check seatbelts – front and rear including lap belt.
- Check operation of all external door locks.
- Lubricate accessible door hinges (with white grease).
- Reset vehicle service light where applicable (subject to data and tooling availability).
- Conduct road test.
- Lubricate bonnet catch.
- Stamp service book (indicating your Service has been carried out).
Small Service is just £90 plus fluids, parts and VAT
If your car does very little mileage (less than 5,000 per year), our Essential Car Care package is perfect for in between standard servicing. It combines an oil change with a number of important vehicle safety checks at an affordable price… Many customers find that this is perfect in low mileage years or when there simply isn’t the money available for a full service.
Click the arrow to see what’s included in our Essential Care Service
Essential Care includes
Engine oil drained
Replacement oil filter
Replacement sump plug washer if required
Oil refill based on manufacturer’s recommendation.
Instruments, gauges and warning lights check
Lights checked – headlights, sidelights indicators, brake, reversing lights, fog lights and number plate lights
Tyres checked to ensure correct tyre pressure and sufficient tyre tread depth.
Coolant checked for strength and condition
Electrics test including battery, alternator and starter motor
Windscreen wipers inspected and windscreen washer bottle refilled
Car horn tested.